Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Cupcakes and Writing Reflections

I wish to send out a special thank you to Mariah, my student who was kind enough to bring cupcakes to our scheduled final exam period this week.



The students were writing final reflections on their growth and development as writers over the course of the short summer term and the cupcakes were a perfect accompaniment.

Mariah said that she substituted eggs with cinnamon applesauce and I noticed two things:
  • the hint on cinnamon was a perfect accompaniment to the chocolate cake
  • they stayed moist for a really long time (I took several at the end of class and hid them in my office so that I was able to enjoy wonderful breakfasts for several days afterwards)

1 comment:

  1. Professor Ryder,
    I glad that you enjoyed them and I was excited when you posted about them. Last night I tried an extra one that was at my house and you could taste the cinnamon but it wasn't too overpowering.
    Thank you for an amazing class and I hope I see you again this fall!

    ReplyDelete