Saturday, August 3, 2013

Guest Blog: Brownies are a Girl's Best Friend!

My lovely wife Lindsay's guest blog shows how you can personalize an ordinary box brownie recipe and make it extraordinary!


When I was a teenager and would start to whine about wanting a snack, my Mom would often suggest that I go make a pan of brownies. Because of this, I learned to think of brownies as a quick, easy snack that was always available as long as you had the key ingredients on hand: a brownie mix, water, oil, and eggs.

I really enjoy baking, and lately have gotten caught up in the fancy, from-scratch recipes that are so abundant on Pinterest. But I still maintain these two truths about brownies:
1. There's nothing wrong with baked goods from a boxed mix
2. Brownie are easy to spruce up by mixing in whatever goodies appeal to you

I love to take a regular brownie mix, prepare it as directed, and add in peanut butter chips at the end, just before baking. I just bake for the same time suggested on the box and they come out wonderfully. I'm sure the mix-in options are endless - a few that come to mind are:

Chocolate chips
White chocolate chips
Toffee chips (Heath® bar pieces)
Chopped nuts
Pretzel pieces
Mini Reese's® Peanut Butter Cups
Chopped Andes® mint candies
Broken Oreo® pieces
Chopped up pieces of almost any type of candy bar

Have fun experimenting and please post a comment if you have any mix-in ideas to add!
-Lindsay


No comments:

Post a Comment