Sunday, October 7, 2018

All Hail the Unhealthy Pop Tart

What should I buy, I ask myself as I gaze through the plexiglass shield separating me from an array of snacks.
A thermos of hot tea has accompanied me on this trip to the library, but neither woman nor man can live on tea alone.
Roasted almonds beckon me . . .
A granola bar calls for my attention . . .
A chocolate bar yearns for my selection . . .
But no, what I seek is located in section D8

After inserting a dollar, I carefully push the buttons cause a motor to move you forward,
Dropping to the machine's bottom.

The heavenly confection below has has a shelf life of a year, rather than days,
Thanks to the range of preservatives within it.

Sugar, gluten, chemicals, cinnamon, and artificial flavors combine to create this wonderful snack which,
When combined with a cup of hot tea.

Is nothing short of Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment