Thursday, October 18, 2018

Fearless Fusion: Middle Eastern Pizza

Fusion cuisine is taking the world by storm.  The ingredients, flavors, food culture, and presentation style of the foods of very different cultures can be exciting and delicious when combined together.

Looking for a way to create a new dish that honors some of my favorite food cultures, the below Middle Eastern pizza adorned my dinner plate last night.  I started with a Mexican flour tortilla.  This simple "crust" is readily available at many stores and I chose to go with the larger, burrito size.  In classic Italian style, I proceeded to build a pizza on the tortilla, choosing to forgo tomato sauce and instead use hummus.  The Cedars brand hummus that I used spread very well the flavor didn't overpower the finished pizza.

I added green peppers, artichokes, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, and baked for 9 minutes at 350 degrees.  The finished pizza was light, tasty, and delicious when sprinkled with a bit of cumin.

When trying new flavors and meals in your kitchen, be fearless and embrace a fusion of different flavors!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment