Friday, November 22, 2019

Fruitcake: A Wonderful Holiday Tradition

As we rapidly approach the holidays, I enjoy sampling the range of wonderful flavors associated with the season.  One unique delicacy that I didn't like for the majority of my childhood is fruitcake.  While perusing the holiday aisle at Wally World last week, I found a small section that contained Claxton Fruitcake (link to company website here).  I had never tried one before, and was curious if the $2.69 would be money well spent.  It certainly was!


Rich pieces of candied fruit adorn a lovely mixture containing pecans, walnuts, and what appears to be fairly traditional bread dough.  If you're looking for a unique treat to enjoy this holiday season, I'd recommend seeking out a tasty fruitcake that combines the flavors of yesteryear.  You might just find that your tastebuds take a trip back to a simpler time when fruitcake was a rich and flavorful delicacy containing all manner of wonderful hard-to-find ingredients that are commonplace in modern times.  Even if they don't, a slice of fruitcake is absolutely divine with a strong cup of coffee or tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment