Thursday, November 16, 2017

Tasty and Healthy Pizza at Home

While it's quick and easy to go out for pizza or order deliver, the Food Pope encourages you to try some simple and easy options at home to make fresh, tasty, and inexpensive pizza every bit at good as a professionally-made pie!

For my homemade pizza, I started with several whole cloves of garlic that I sliced in half and roasted in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.


Other favorites that I like to add to my pizza include bacon bits, onion, green pepper, mozzarella cheese, and bleu cheese.


Roll out the store-bought pizza dough that you purchased and pre-bake according to the instructions on the package.


Spread the sauce out on the crust.  I like to use tomato paste, because the flavor is a bit more intense.  I also like to brush the crust with butter and add rosemary for some added flavor.
  

Add your toppings and bake!  I like to watch the pizza closely to ensure that the cheese is cooked, but the crust doesn't overbake.  Enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment