Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Thanks Randal for Introducing me to Babka!

On a recent visit to Columbus, my friend Randal brought me a mango babka from Trader Joe's.  Knowing that I couldn't finish the entire pastry before it began to go bad, I cut it into portions and froze them to enjoy later.



I researched babkas online and found that they're enjoyed in many parts of Eastern Europe and often served on Easter Sunday.  This version had mango layered in with a wonderful glaze and made a perfect breakfast with a cup of tea.

Food is about sharing the things we enjoy with those we care about.  Thanks Randal for the many gifts of food and friendship you've given to me over the years!

If you're interested in trying you're hand at making a babka, this recipe looks like a good one.
http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-babka-229608 

No comments:

Post a Comment